This privacy notice will explain how our organization uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website. Personal data is generally provided by you. It may either be collected automatically via the Cerebrus Associates website and social media platforms, or via email, phone-calls, marketing communications and interactions with the Company during the ordinary course of business.
“Applications” are the software and IT platforms used by Cerebrus Associates. The Company websites are managed using the WordPress, and Vimeo is used to enable video sharing. We use cloud-based applications and software solutions to collect, store and process Personal Data, which include but are not limited to Office 365, Eventbrite, and Mailchimp.
“Cerebrus Associates” is Cerebrus Associates Limited is a private limited company registered in England and Wales (8029301).
“Cerebrus Digital” is a trading style of Cerebrus Associates Limited.
“Cookie” is a small text file placed on your computer or device by a website when you visit certain parts of the site and/or when you use certain features of the site.
“DPA 2018” is the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
“GDPR” is the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
“IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider.
”Log Data” is automatically collected by websites and applications to record the interaction between a user and system.
“PECR” is the Privacy and Electronic (EC Directive) Communications Regulations 2003.
“Personal Data” is defined as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person’’.
“Privacy Shield Framework” – a framework for regulating transatlantic exchanges of Personal Data for commercial purposes between the European Union, Switzerland and the United States.
“Subject Access Request” – a formal request in writing to the Company to obtain access to your personal data.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
- What data do we collect?
Cerebrus Associates collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Log Data (IP address, location, device type, date and documents accessed, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
Most of the data collected by Cerebrus Associates is provided directly by you. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Cerebrus Associates collects your data so that we can:
- Maintain a contact database of clients, suppliers and partners;
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Cerebrus Associates website.
- Process your query and respond by email.
Cerebrus Associates will not share your data with other companies.
When Cerebrus Associates processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Cerebrus Associates securely stores your data at our trading offices using systems protected by firewalls and in cloud-based systems such as Microsoft Office 365. We protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, disclosure or amendments by using the following security measure:
- Multi-factor authentication;
- Secure storage locations; and
- Regular audit and review of data storage and processing practices.
Cerebrus Associates will keep your contact details for 10 years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by removing it from all electronic systems.
Data provided in a non-digital form, i.e. business cards, is stored securely at business locations or transferred to an Application at the earliest convenience and subsequently shredded.
The Applications may lawfully store, transfer and process customer data both within the EU, and outside the EU to countries such as the US. Transfer of Personal Data outside the EU is permitted under the GDPR if certain conditions are met. Privacy Shield Frameworks are a valid way to ensure adequate safeguards are in place for the transfer of Personal Data outside of the EU.
We carry out due diligence on Applications to ensure that GDPR-compliant measures are in place, including ensuring that appropriate data processing agreements are in place where personal data is processed or transferred by a third party.
Cerebrus Associates would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Cerebrus Associates from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Cerebrus Associates would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request Cerebrus Associates for copies of your personal data. We way charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that Cerebrus Associates correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Cerebrus Associates to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that Cerebrus Associates erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that Cerebrus Associates restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Cerebrus Associates’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that Cerebrus Associates transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
- Call us at: +44 (0)203 286 5552
- Or write to us: The White House, 2 Meadrow, Godalming, Surrey GU7 3HN
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality: Cerebrus Associates uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising: Cerebrus Associates uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Cerebrus Associates sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
We respect your right to privacy, and you can choose to disable non-essential cookies when you access the Cerebrus Associates website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Call us: +44 (0)203 2865552
- Or write to us at: The White House, 2 Meadrow, Godalming, Surrey GU7 3HN
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Cerebrus Associates has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Phone: +44(0)303 123 1113.
- Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.