A paper co-authored by Jon Day has been published in the journal Ageing Research Reviews. The review aims to summarise the current state of knowledge of vulnerabilities that predispose towards dysfunctional brain ageing, highlight potential protective mechanisms, and discuss dietary interventions that may be used as therapies. A special focus of this paper is on the impact of nutrition on neuroprotection and the underlying molecular mechanisms.
- Endocrine cephalic phase responses to food cues
- Oro-sensory exposure, eating rate, satiation and endocrine responses
- Evaluation of the European Union strategy for the protection and welfare of animals
- Press Release: Project ‘Satiation’
- Increased oro-sensory exposure duration decreases meal size, but increases in taste intensity do not affect meal size